3 part Gyrokinesis Series
Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis methods were created from a melange of disciplines for the expressed purpose of healing the body and recovering mobility and youthful movement.
This is simply the best method for taking your body back in time...
A preferred training method by top tango dancers in the world, classical contemporary dancers, athletes, stars like Lady Gaga & Natalie Portman, people recovering from injury and illness, and mature folks wanting to keep balance, length, and freedom of movement.
Gyrokinesis is the body of work with no machine required, just a stool, yoga mat, and desire to feel better than you have ever felt before.
In this 3 part series, we will learn the basics of all the families of movement of Gyrokinesis and fundamental principals.
You will walk away with techniques, feelings, and a home practice that you can integrate into your daily routine and new ways of moving your body through life with ease and support.
Paradas, Arrastres, and Barridas
Tango is most know for it's playful and sensual footwork. In these classes we will discover the possibilities for:
• Paradas: Stops of the feet with communication of the embrace and axis
• A variety of sandwiches and embellishments for the man and the woman
• Barridas & Arrastres: sensual and dramatic contact of the foot through steps gives the illusion of dragging the feet into and out of steps
• Surprising and delighting entrances and exits to these possibilities
Crossed walks: in line, with curves, with entrances
Prepare yourself for the Sacadas workshop with this fantastic exploration of walks in crossed system.
• Crossed walks on the 3 tracks to the front and back
• Combinations with ochos front and back from Ochos workshop
• Crosswalks in curve with and without entrances for the man and the woman
• Traditional and classic applications of crosswalk
Entrances and Exits
Ready to add the fun dynamic of Sacada to your dancing?
A sacada is an entrance of the axis and feet into the legs of the partner. This quitessential movement of tango is unique and often copied to other dances. Gain valuable insight into the amazing possibilities of Sacadas as we cover:
• Sacada to each of the 3 steps in Tango: Front Cross, Back Cross, Open step.. In crossed system and open
o For the man
o For the woman
• How to use Sacadas to provoke more dynamic turns
Friday March 6th
Friday 6-7:15 Gyrokinesis Introduction
7:30-9:15 Paradas, Arrastres, and Brarridas
Saturday March 7th
1:30-3 Gyrokinesis part 1
3:15-4:45 Crosswaks with entrances
5-6:30 Crosswalks with ¾ turn
Sunday Sept 8th
1:30-3 Gyrokinesis part 2
3:15-4:45 Turns with Entrance for the man and woman
5-6:30 Turn combination using entrance and barridas
$28 drop in
$100 for any 4 classes = 6 hours
$200 for all 8 workshops 12 hours of world class instruction
Heart of Wellness
205 Clark Pl SE
Tumwater, Washington 98501